en - Re: [sympa-users] Archive options

  • From: Sergiy Zhuk <address@concealed>
  • To: Stewart James <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Archive options
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 23:08:53 -0800 (PST)

hi

On Sun, 30 Mar 2003, Stewart James wrote:

> From reading the docs I can see that I would be notified at 95%. While
> this is useful, is there a way to specify - per list - either the
> automatic removal of earlier messages. Or even better, the ability to
> specify how long to keep an archived message - you know auto remove
> anything older than 'X period'.

currently, sympa doesn't have that functionality, but you can run 'find' in
the arc directory for a particular list, which will do the trick for now.
$ find . -mtime +N -delete
In theory, you have to run that command for msg archive and then run mhonarc
to rebuild html archives, but the find command above is acceptable for me
even if run vs both msg and html archives.

--
rgds,
serge