en - Re: [sympa-users] upgrading from Sympa 3.3b.7

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Fil <address@concealed>
  • Cc: Sympa-Users <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] upgrading from Sympa 3.3b.7
  • Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 09:35:54 +0100

This changes are PostgreSQL-related, the line you're missing is :

Postgresql 7.3 has no support for not SQL standard type 'datetime'.
***** .....

All these upgrade information are extracted from the NEWS file ; only lines
beginning with
'*****' are extracted and prompted at "make install" time. It aims at mak]ing
your life easier,
but infortunately, in this situation, there was a missing '*****' tagged line.

As a conclusion, if you are using MySQL, you shouldn't care about these
upgrade instructions.

Thanks for reporting this problem, we'll fix it.

Fil wrote:
upgrading is painful: sympa lists a long list of things to do in MySQL, but
you don't find that list anywhere in the distribution. I managed however to
copy/paste that list.

But he first line is already not working:
***** If you are upgrading from a previous Sympa version, you should update ***** your sympa DB as follows : ***** ALTER TABLE subscriber_table CHANGE date_subscriber timestamp with time zone NOT NULL; ***** ALTER TABLE subscriber_table CHANGE update_subscriber timestamp with time zone;

The first command fails :
ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'with time zone NOT
NULL' at line 1

What should I do?

--
Olivier Salaun