en - Re: [sympa-users] Footer on list posts

  • From: Jody Lemoine <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Footer on list posts
  • Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 12:44:39 -0500

At Wednesday, 4 December 2002, you wrote:
>>> For some reason or other, sympa is handling the footers for
>>> posts to the lists in a funny way. Instead of adding them
>>> to the text, it is attaching them as files... How should
>>> I go around solving this problem?
>>
>> Sympa (at least 3.3.5) defaults to using MIME for the footer.
>> If you just want it added to the text of the message, go to
>> Sending/Reception Setup for your list and change the
>> Attachment Type from mime to append.
>
> Where should I set that? I can't find any place to do that on
> the "Edit list Config" of the sympa www interface.

It's under the "Sending/Reception Setup" section and is the second
last parameter on the page, assuming you're using the default templates.

The following URL (substituting {host} and {listname} appropriately)
should take you directly there.

http://{host}/wwsympa/edit_list_request/{listname}/sending/

Alternately, you can just add "footer_type append" to the config
file for the list.

Regards,
Jody