en - Re: [sympa-users] Immediate subscriber alterations

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: John Douglass <address@concealed>
  • Cc: sympa-users <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Immediate subscriber alterations
  • Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 13:21:33 +0100

Hi John,

If you are running your lists in 'include2' data_source, then to force the
synchronization you should remove the 'sync_include' task file in the task
spool.

If you are using classical 'include' data_source, then doing a 'touch'
on the list's config file will make sympa update its cache the next
time it uses the list (unless in web context).

John Douglass wrote:
I have a client that has an application that generates a list of e-mail addresses he wants to send a message to immediately after populating the list. The subscribers to this particular list are very dynamic and I am unsure if the TTL feature is really working. I've set it to 30 minutes and yet it still seems to take an hour (which is unacceptable to him) to update.

Anyone have an advice on how/if I can make a list "super-dynamic"?

--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseau des Universites

  • Re: [sympa-users] Immediate subscriber alterations, Olivier Salaun - CRU, 11/05/2002