en - multiple "Re:"s getting stacked in the subject line

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: multiple "Re:"s getting stacked in the subject line
  • Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 02:21:26 +0100

I've got some active discussion lists, and Lists.pm appears to be stripping
the list tag and then putting it back in again at the head of the line. This
is a problem because when a user sends something back in again, it puts a
"Re:" at the front of the subject line. I've got messages on the list which
look worse than this:

Subject: [LL] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Kalthoff's letter to Hebermehl

There's some less extreme examples of this on sympa's mailing list.

How would this get fixed? I narrowed the problem down to the part of Lists.pm
which has "## Add Custom Subject", but I don't know perl well enough to make
a fix.

Tim Kuehn

  • multiple "Re:"s getting stacked in the subject line, timk, 10/27/2002