en - problem sending message

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: problem sending message
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 20:06:48 +0200

Hi, (sorry for the bad english)

I sent a french version of this message to the french list but did not
have any response yet. I hope to have some information here.

Sympa 3.4
AIX 4.3.3
perl 5.6.1

Here is my problem, when messages are dumped in the sympa's spool for sending
they are never actually sent. In the spool, there is a file created for each
message. After adding some debug printing in sympa.pl and smtp.pm i noticed
that the problem seems to came from the DoSendMessage() function. This
function
print the message using the file descriptor returned by smtpto() (after the
fork). I am not sure exactly how this file descriptor work and how the parent
process can print on the stdin of the file descriptor (representing the
sendmail process). It seems to be a counter starting at fh0000000000...

Here is what happen where sympa.pl call smtpto : In my log I have a message
saying the message has been delivered correctly. The 'exec' command
seems to be valid (parameters used with sendmail) but the $msg->print(\*MSG)
(line 768 of sympa.pl) does not seems to print anywhere since the
message is not deliverd nor trapped or received by smtp server.

I added a 'or die print "%!\n" condition at the 'print' but there is not
error returned.

To be sure the problem was when printing on the file descriptor, i made
smtpto() returned a file descriptor pointing to a file. The message
was now printing correctly on the file I requested...

Anyone has an idea ? I am very concerned about this problem...

Thanks and have a nice day,

  • problem sending message, legare, 10/24/2002