en - [sympa-users] RE: RE: Virtual robots, an addendum

  • From: Michelle Murrain <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: "Adam Bernstein" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] RE: RE: Virtual robots, an addendum
  • Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 12:56:40 -0400

At 12:26 PM -0400 10/3/02, Adam Bernstein wrote:
Point 1: This may be moot now, but there was another problem between your
sympa.conf and robot.conf files sent before, and it would still be there
(and causing big problems) if you kept the robot.conf version instead of
the sympa.conf version. In sympa.conf you had home as "/home/sympa/expl"
and etc as "/home/sympa/etc", which is good. But in robot.conf you had
home as "/var/lib/sympa/expl" and etc as "/etc/sympa", which is all wrong,
and would cause sympa to be looking in entirely the wrong places for your
lists and configuration files. Maybe a relic of Woody's installation.
Could this be it? If not, read on:

Nope, moot now. When you said to remove all of the stuff in robot.conf that was the same as sympa.conf, that stuff went.

Point 2:
So it appears that for some reason I cannot fathom, sympa is just not
recognizing my virtual robots.

How's your Apache setup look? You say you're getting the right headers
in email messages now

Sorry - I wasn't clear. The headers are *complete* but the wrong domain.

, which I think means virtual robots are fine (though
them not even being listed in Sympa Admin is problematic, so see point 1).
Do you have a virtual host for the virtual robot, like:

Yeah, all of the apache virtual host stuff is fine.
--
.Michelle

Michelle Murrain, Technology Consulting
address@concealed http://www.murrain.net
413-253-2874 ph
413-222-6350 cell
413-825-0288 fax
AIM:pearlbear0 Y!:pearlbear9 ICQ:129250575

"A vocation is where the world's hunger & your great gladness meet." Frederick Buechner