en - RE: [sympa-users] postfix_manager.pl

  • From: "Adam Bernstein" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Cc: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] postfix_manager.pl
  • Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 09:42:23 -0700

> > When I create a new list using wwsympa, I always get
> > an error regarding permissions for modifying the aliases.
> >  How do I go about correcting that?  If I run
> > postfix_manager.pl as root, it creates all the
> > aliases/domainaliases just fine.  So, do I need to create

You need to tell Sympa to manage its aliases in its own directory
instead of in the system directories. Edit ~sympa/bin/postfix_manager.pl
so that the file location lines near the top read:

my $alias_file = '/home/sympa/aliases';
my $virtual_file = '/home/sympa/virtual';

(or similar)

This should be made a part of config_wizard.pl, if not the default.

You may also need to edit the source code for virtualwrapper and
aliaswrapper so that they execute "postalias" and "postmap" on these
files and rebuild, but actually I think that was only before we had
postfix_manager.pl that I had to mess with them. So the above edits
should be it.

On the other hand, I also find I have to create an extra virtual
address for every virtual domain, pointing sympa@domain to sympa-<domain>,
and an alias pointing sympa-<domain> to "|~sympa/bin/queue sympa@<domain>",
which I find documented nowhere. Am I doing something unnecessary there, I
wonder?

adam
--
Adam Bernstein Member of Tech Underground:
address@concealed http://tech-underground.org