en - RE: FW: [sympa-users] When I try to run the sym-lynk wws in my cgi-bin, I get a 500 error

  • From: "Eric Sandquist" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: FW: [sympa-users] When I try to run the sym-lynk wws in my cgi-bin, I get a 500 error
  • Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 12:26:27 -0500

OK... Finally got fastcgi installed, had to create a virtual server at
list.messianicgroups.com for the wws

So, currently, list.messianicgroups.com/wws works, and very well I might
add..

Still, the 4 background tasks seem to die, fairly frequently... Does sympa
write a log as to what caused these processes to die? I have had this same
issue with the mailman package... and still don't know why..

Also, how do I go about either a) giving symps.sympa the rights to modify
the aliases and domainaliases files in the /etc, or b) modify the
sendmail.cf so that it checks aliases/domainaliases files in /home/sympa in
addition to the normal locations.

I am using a modified postfix_manager.pl with an additional shell script to
redo the makemap on the domainaliases.db after the update.

In addition to this, I notice when I try to go to the moderation tab,
nothing comes up... How does one go about getting moderation functional?
Can it be set to moderate an entire group? or can I also focus in and just
set certain users to be moderated?

What about banning certain users from certain list? or even the whole
server? Some users in my realm need to be forcefully removed and then kept
out, as much as is possible...

I have more, but I will hold off for the moment... Also, if there is a more
appropriate list for these types of questions, please let me know..

Eric - IHMS.net
Systems Engineer