en - Re: [sympa-users] maikl setting

  • From: Olivier Salaun <address@concealed>
  • To: Tech <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] maikl setting
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 17:45:00 +0200

Hi,

Tech wrote:

> I am wondering if someone can explain if it is possible to have sympa
> only accept a outgoing message from the web interface only . not allowing
> and mailed in messages .so that the user has to log in to send a message out
> to the other subscribers?
> Reason we have had a few malicious folks use the mail in method to pass
> things through that should not go through.

You can set a 'send' scenario for the list that requires 'md5' authentication
:
Example :
is_subscriber([listname],[sender]) smtp -> request_auth
is_subscriber([listname],[sender]) smime,md5 -> do_it
true() smtp,md5,smime -> reject

This means that only suscribers are allowed to post ; they should :
* either authenticate ans send from the web
* send and email that will require a (md5) confirmation

This way you will prevent From: SMTP header fields forging.

If you want to force people to use the web interface, you just need
to delete first rule (is_subscriber([listname],[sender]) smtp ->
request_auth).
This way the scenario will never be evaluated with 'md5' authentication
method.

> Also has anyone fond a opensourse virus detection program that does work
> with sympa

We just implemented support for Clam antivirus
(http://clamav.elektrapro.com/)
this morning ; it should be available in CVS tomorrow.

--
Olivier Salaün
Comité Réseau des Universités

  • maikl setting, Tech, 06/24/2002
    • Re: [sympa-users] maikl setting, Olivier Salaun, 06/24/2002