en - Virtual Robots Installation

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Virtual Robots Installation
  • Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 18:42:18 +0100

I have a successful installation of Sympa with one robot and list working
perfectly, I am now trying to setup a second virtual robot.

I followed the documentation as outlined in Chapter 9 of the online manual,
so to this point I have...

Setup DNS for the subdomain (working)
Setup an Apache Virtualhost (working)
Setup Sendmail (Waiting to finish web interface to test and troubleshoot)

I created the virtual robot directory ~sympa/etc/sub.domain.com with correct
permissions
I have a basic robot.conf file with correct permissions in that directory
I created a ~sympa/expl/sub.domain.com directory to hold any lists for the
new virtual robot. It wasn't mentioned in the online documentation, but I
received an error message in the logs regarding it, and it's mentioned
elsewhere in the directory structure that it is required.

However now when I try to connect to the interface of original virtual robot,
which was working and had 1 list setup, the list is no longer displayed, and
it has inherited the colours of the new virtual robot. Actually, both
interfaces use the colour scheme of the new robot, and neither show any lists.

The logfile shows no errors.

I have also tried making a directory under ~sympa/etc including robot.conf
file both with correct permissions for the original robot, as well as
restarting sympa, still no luck.

If I remove the ~sympa/etc/sub.domain.com directory, the original robot
displays correctly.

I must have missed something in the setup, but I believe I followed the
documentation as it was laid out, any help greatly appreciated.

Jayson Strudwick