en - Re: [sympa-users] Bug or misconfiguration? malformed request led to excessive amount of responses

  • From: Csanády Miklós <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Bug or misconfiguration? malformed request led to excessive amount of responses
  • Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 07:39:29 +0100 (CET)

Mar 9 (22:28)-kor jött elektronok szerint Hans Ekbrand ezt írta:
> Hello sympa-users!
>
> I am new to this list, and rather new sympa administrator as well.
> Yesterday, one user sent some malformed requests to
> address@concealed and recieved some 700 autogenerated answers,
> before I noticed what was happening, and moved the files in
> /var/spool/sympa/queue/ to another location.
>
> What do you think about it?
Hi,
I have some similar problem. Last week two of my users recieved several
thousand letters. They tried to send a message to a private list from a
non-member account. The rejecing message was delivered by an endless loop.

Sympa could not move their message to $bad directory. Perhapse this
happened because of their email address. These addresses contain letters
with accesses. like: 'éöü'

Who has solution to this problem?
thanks
Miklos