en - Re: [sympa-users] avoid messages in /var/log/messages

  • From: Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: dburgin <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] avoid messages in /var/log/messages
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 08:34:26 +0100

dburgin wrote:

> Hi to all.
>
> I'd like to avoid having all that happens on the sympa server
> (acknowledgements, sending mails to lists, etc..) to log both in the
> /var/log/messages and /var/log/sympa, but only in /var/log/sympa.
>
> Do you all have the same thing ? is it normal to have all logs in these both
> files ?
Sympa do not log itself but send strings to be logued to syslogd demon.
You should have a look at your syslog.conf (man syslogd, more
/etc/syslog.conf)

The facility used by sympa are choosen in sympa.conf and wwsympa.conf.
Serge Aumont Comité Réseaux des Universités
Campus Beaulieu
35042 Rennes Cedex