en - Re: Majordomo->Sympa Migration

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: Majordomo->Sympa Migration
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 09:27:16 +0100

(I repost this message because, I have forgotten to send it to the list)

>> On 07 Dec 2001 14:38:03 +0100, Michael Biebl <address@concealed> said:

> Am Fre, 2001-12-07 um 09.00 schrieb Mathieu Peltier:

> somehow it doesn't work for me.After I created the log.* files I copied
> > them to ~/sympa/expl/listname/archives and rebuilded my webarchives but
> > nothing happened. There are no messages in my wwsarchive. How did you
> > accomplish to
> create the wwsarchive for the old majordomo-lists?

hi,

I "simply" run the script arc2webarc.pl, but some problems have occured...

Do you have the text messages in the ${arc_dir}/<list>/arctxt after running
the arc2webarc.pl script?

If not, it is perhaps due to a problem with the format of the date header in
your original messages. But for some reason, the date header of some of my
majordomo messages were not recognize by the script and I have had to fix
that by hand... If the date is ok, check that the separator string is the
same in the two files: arc2webarc.pl and mjarc2sympa.pl.

If you have the text message, the problem may occur due to MHonarc call (look
at the log file of sympa). In my case, there was also a problem with a month
in my archives: mhonarc cause a core dump (this month contains several
message with big attachment and I think mhonarc don't like that too much). I
have upgrade my mhonarc to 2.5.2 and the problem was solve.

Hope this help,

--
Mathieu Peltier

  • Majordomo->Sympa Migration, Michael Biebl, 12/07/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Majordomo->Sympa Migration, mathieu . peltier, 12/10/2001