en - Trouble configuring Sympa

  • From: "Joe Davidson" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Trouble configuring Sympa
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 12:10:50 -0500

We have a copy of Sympa running on our development server. We are now
moving it to our production server. The configuarion files are exactly
the the same ( except for details like cookies, listmasters, etc. ).

The one difference is that in response to the log messages ( shown below
), I added this line to /etc/sympa.conf on the production machine

user_data_source database

My sysadmin says that the databases and the aliases are correct ( even
though the aliases are set in /etc/aliases on the development machine
and /etc/sympa.aliases on the production machine.)

When I post a posting through the web interface, I get a "send_mail :
action succeeded" message on the screen. The posting diappears totally,
never showing up either in my mailbox or in the archives.

The log shows this.

Nov 26 12:03:58 snapper sympa[5175]: Wrong value for user_data_source
Nov 26 12:03:58 snapper sympa[5175]: Renaming bad file
iaen_listserve.1006794233.26531 to BAD-iaen_listserve.1006794233.26531

If I subscribe to a list, I do receive the mailing from sympa, both as a
subscriber and as a listmaster.

The permissions on all the files are the same on both machines.

Does anyone have any ideas where to look.

Joe Davidson

  • Trouble configuring Sympa, Joe Davidson, 11/26/2001