en - Blocking messages to a sympa list

  • From: Russ Kepler <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Blocking messages to a sympa list
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 10:01:49 -0700

I am preparing to move a few mailing lists to sympa, and there are a couple
of capabilities in majordomo that I'd like to continue in the sympa managed
lists.

The first is the ability to block messages containing specified strings in
the header or body - this was particularly nice to block messages with
encoded attachments and messages in all html, a very nice thing to do for an
'only text' mailing list. I would really like something that would filter
out non-plaintext parts of a message and bounce it if there's nothing left,
but would settle for a simply block.

The second was the ability to block users and domains from subscribing to a
list. It's of less use than it used to be (what with the number of ways to
create new mailing addresses) but still useful. I can't recall having run
into this but as bad as my memory is I am sure that it's in sympa somewhere...

Thanks in advance for any replies.

  • Blocking messages to a sympa list, Russ Kepler, 11/22/2001