en - Re: [sympa-users] new sympa user

  • From: John Douglass <address@concealed>
  • To: GSLT Systems Administrator <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] new sympa user
  • Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 15:36:03 -0400

GSLT Systems Administrator wrote:

> hi all!
>
> just installed sympa on our solaris 8 system, had a bit of hassle
> getting it up an running because i wanted to have the robot aliases
> file separate from /etc/aliases. it's not something wrong with sympa
> of course, but i couldn't get postfix to read that
> /etc/mail/listaliases file i created with the mailing lists aliases. i
> did add this line
>
> alias_database = dbm:/etc/aliases, dbm:/etc/mail/listaliases
>
> to my main.cf. my question --anyone on the sympa list that has done
> this postfix and sympa connection, that could give me a tip or refer
> to any documentation on how to go about this.

I did a nasty and used "sudo". I'm running server as user "nobody" and I
gave "nobody" sudo privs to run the manage_aliases as root (because
/etc/aliases must be owned by root:root)

I then changed wwsympa.fcgi to reflect the usage of "sudo":

Line?? && (system ("/bin/sudo $wwsconf->{'alias_manager'} add
$list->{'name'}

Line?? && (system ("/bin/sudo $wwsconf->{'alias_manager'} del
$list->{'name'}

- JohnD

PS: I know it's messy, but it works (will have time to find a better
method later).

  • new sympa user, GSLT Systems Administrator, 10/02/2001
    • Re: [sympa-users] new sympa user, John Douglass, 10/02/2001