en - WWSympa doesn't work after upgrade from 2.7.3 to 3.2.1

  • From: Cedric Scott <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: WWSympa doesn't work after upgrade from 2.7.3 to 3.2.1
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 10:15:06 +0100

I am upgrading sympa and am having problems getting it to work.

I copied the old sympa installation to a test machine, did the upgrade and
edited the configuration files to suit the new machine.

I've updated the database for encryptest passwords and created the index

I can log in to wwsympa but I don't see any mail lists.

When I try to create a new list the topics menu is empty.

Strace shows that wwsympa.cgi is opening the file
/home/sympa/etc/topics.conf. The first lines of this file look like this:

SSE
title SSE Ltd
visibility public

SSE/SSE_Social
title Social Stuff
visibility public

SSE/Test
title Testing list server etc
visibility public

SSE/Development
title Technical Discussions
visibility public

When I select preferences I get an almost blank page - no preferences are
shown.

The database access seems to be working as I can login and sympa.pl can dump
subscriber lists

Has anybody seen a similar problem and come up with a solution?

  • WWSympa doesn't work after upgrade from 2.7.3 to 3.2.1, Cedric Scott, 08/29/2001