en - Re: [sympa-users] Authenticating over HTTPS?

  • From: Tanel Kokk <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Authenticating over HTTPS?
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 17:05:53 +0200

Olivier Salaun wrote:

[skip]

> Scenarios are used both for mail commands and the web.
> 'md5' means either :
> o mail confirmation (mail)
> o password (web)
> 'smime' means either :
> o S/MIME signed (mail)
> o HTTPS with user certificate (web)

Thanks. That's what did I want to know.

[skip]

> Almost all scenarios provide X509-authenticated users at least the set
> of privilege password-authenticated have. Which means that you don't
> need to adapt scenarios for X509.
>
> All you have to do is :
> o install OpenSSL
> o create an alias for WWS in your HTTPS virtual web server
> o set the following parameters in sympa.conf : openssl,
> trusted_ca_options,
> key_password

Problem:

I have sympa-v3.2.1, Openssl-v0.9.6, apache-v1.3.12 installed to the
distr. RH6.2.

I have list, where web_access policy is 'subscribers only (private)'
(scenario access_web_archive.private). List have a subscriber
'address@concealed', I have certificate in my browser cert-database and
cert has e-mail address 'address@concealed'. Cert is signed by our CA
cert.

My sympa SSL options have configured so:
openssl /usr/bin/openssl
trusted_ca_options -CAfile
/usr/local/apache/conf/ssl.crt/ca-bundle.cr

where ca-bundle.crt includes our CA cert.

As I understand, I should be able to access list web_archive (over
https://) without of using my accountname and password.
But I can't - "Archive" is inactive.

What's wrong? Is there any special/additional apache configuration I
should use?

Tanel.