en - How can I stop a message from sending

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: How can I stop a message from sending
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 01:23:20 +0200

I'm using sympa 2.7a on a linux server with mysql. My list has more than
50,000 subscribers. It's an announcement only list and I am the only person
authorized to send messages to the members. My problem is that somehow a
message with the sircam virus in an attached filed has gone into the system
and is being sent to all the subscribers. I didn't send this message (my
computer is virus free) and I still don't know what happened. I already
changed the owner address to avoid more messages being sent, but my urgent
problem is to stop the messages from sending.

I stopped sendmail as a provisional measure but I don't know if there is a
way to erase a message from the queue directly from sympa, so that it is not
sent to the whole list. I tried editing sendmail mqueue but when I restart
sendmail the messages restart to be sent too.

Please, I'd really appreciate a quick answer. I don't want to send virus
infected messages to my subscribers.

Thanks,
Carlos