en - bouces + database

  • From: Claus Atzenbeck <address@concealed>
  • Subject: bouces + database
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 11:10:56 +0200 (CEST)

When I start bounced.pl, I get the following error message:

[root@thor rc.d]# /var/lib/sympa/bin/bounced.pl
Sympa not setup to use DBI, unable to manage bounces

Why is that? This message does not appear when I use MySQL for storing
user data.

My lists are quite small, so I don't need MySQL to store data. But
then I don't need to start bounced.pl, right? What advantage would I
have when bounced.pl is started?

Something else -- maybe someone know what to do...

fetchmail gets my mail, also from a account which is assigned to use
for sympa messages. Does someone know how the MDA line in .fetchmailrc
needs to be in order to take care of /etc/aliases? Usually I use
procmail as MDA, but procmail doesn't care about /etc/aliases.
Any ideas?

Thanks a lot for your help!
Claus

  • bouces + database, Claus Atzenbeck, 05/24/2001