en - deleted directory in archives. How to undelete.

  • From: "Nicolas Brouard" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: deleted directory in archives. How to undelete.
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 19:08:55 +0200

Recently I made a short show of how Sympa works. I logged to Listmaster and back to normal subscribers to a list. I moved to the web archives of the list and search for a word in a previous mail.

I was surprised by the fact that I was able to "Delete the mail" even if I was not the owner or the listmaster.
As we were discussing the French right of a subscriber to a list to ask for the destruction of the archive to the owner, I thought that it was a new feature in Sympa. So people ask me to delete the message (a very important one). Unfortunately it worked and the message was destroyed of the list archives. The owner did not get any message asking him to delete the message from the archives. It was already done.

Yet I am trying to get it back to the archives by various means. But I discovered that the message was not deleted but moved to a "deleted" directory close to "arctxt". The original mail in arctxt seems to be destroyed but MailonArc html file is still here.

Is there a way to reinsert it or should I do it by hand?

I updated to 3.1.1 and is no more able to reproduce the same deletion process. Has something be improved from 3.1b12 to 3.1.1 or was it a cookie problem of the browser?

Nicolas Brouard
INED Paris

mailto:address@concealed

  • deleted directory in archives. How to undelete., Nicolas Brouard, 04/25/2001