en - RE: [sympa-users] An open list

  • From: "Nicolas Brouard" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] An open list
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 17:32:42 +0200

- send.public is usually to be avoid because of spams. Spammers jobs consist
in screening open lists!

- send.privateoreditorkey should be the default for non-privileged owners or
editors.

I should add that there are legal spams, at least in the US (a senator from
Alaska was involved in the legislation some years ago). I don’t know if
other countries, even France, have actual legislation. Briefly, legal spams
are mails that can be authenticated and that accept “remove” commands in the
reply subject (to be removed from the actual “advertisement campaign”). In
addition, legal spams cannot be disseminated through mailing lists. Even in
an open spam I am pretty sure that it is still illegal but spammers do.

Nicolas Brouard
Paris
mailto:address@concealed