en - odd bounce errors

  • From: Michael Brennen <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: odd bounce errors
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 23:56:31 -0500 (CDT)

I've implemented sympa on two servers, and it is working
successfully on both. I started with sympa-3.1b.10, and I'm now
running sympa-3.1b.12, installed two days ago. I have no experience
with small lists on sympa, other than a couple of test lists, each
with 5 or less users.

After sending two large mailings (opt-in :) of 36,000+ emails, I'm
seeing some odd bounce errors. For example, (disguising the
addresses) there is a user 'address@concealed' that per sympa has
130 bounces. Looking at the mail log, I see precisely one reference
to this address. When I look at the last bounce, I see that it was
a bounce from 'address@concealed'.

In total there are 15 bounces out of over 5800 (this is an old list
that my client is just now using) that are doing this. Also, these
15 do not have a class in the bounce; that is, there is only the
first and last time stamps and the count; there is no 'x.x.x'
component.

Has anyone else seen this, or have any idea what might be happening?
Thanks much,

-- Michael

  • odd bounce errors, Michael Brennen, 04/19/2001