en - Re: [sympa-users] import large list in sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaun <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] import large list in sympa
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 12:35:50 +0100

Anton Slabbinck wrote:

> I've installed sympa and created a list which stores it information
> in a database. Now I have a TXT file with 1200 email addresses I
> want to put in the list.
> What's the easiest (fastest) way to do this?

I guess we'll have to make it more simple with a --import option.
Untill we have it, here is a HOWTO :

1/ create a ML and setup with :
user_data_source include

include_file path_to_your_file
## your file should have entries as follows
## user_email user_name

2/ Run sympa.pl and make it load the list
by sending a REVIEW command

3/ Stop sympa.pl (kill -TERM) to make it dump
subscribers

4/ Rename ~sympa/expl/<your_list>/subscribers.incl.dump
to ~sympa/expl/<your_list>/subscribers

5/ Load subscribers in database with load_subscribers.pl
% load_subscribers.pl <your_list>

6/ Change the list's config to :
user_data_source database

That's all I think.