en - HPUX 10.20 Problems

  • From: Beau Neal <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: HPUX 10.20 Problems
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 09:48:59 -0700 (MST)

I have been trying to install sympa, version 3.0b.8, on HPUX 10.20 for the
last couple of days. The first problem that I encounter is that es.msg
won't make because of a missing quote character. I work around the
problem by copying the us.msg to es.msg because multi-language support
isn't a nessecity for me. The output is below:

/bin/gencat es.cat es.msg
"es.msg", line 49: Missing quote character
gmake: *** [es.cat] Error 62
*** Error exit code 2

The second problem that I run into is during the make install process.
Here is the output to better understand the problem:

Installing default configuration ...
cp etc/*.conf etc/*.crt /ki2/users/sympa/bin/etc
/bin/sh: Syntax error at line 1 : `(' is not matched.
gmake: *** [installetc] Error 2
*** Error exit code 1

I can work around this problem by using gmake instead of hpux make. I
then get this problem:

Overwriting /ki2/users/sympa/bin/etc/wws_templates/which.us.tpl
chmod 644 /ki2/users/sympa/bin/etc/wws_templates/*
/bin/sh: /bin/chmod: The parameter list is too long.
gmake[1]: *** [installtemplates] Error 126
gmake[1]: Leaving directory
`/tmp_mnt/auto/ki2/users/sympa/hpux/sympa-3.0b.8/wwsympa'
gmake: *** [installwws] Error 1

I looked through the makefile's perl code in the src directory and I think
that if i just ran chmod after it finishes making then I should be fine,
so I used gmake -k to ignore and continue. This time it finishes (with
an error reporting the previous problem), but when i try to start sympa.pl
i get this error:

Missing files. Aborting.

DOES ANYONE HAVE EXPEREINCE, AND SUCCESS, WITH INSTALLING SYMPA ON HPUX
10.20? PLEASE HELP I'VE BEEN TRYING UNSUCCESSFULLY FOR DAYS!

Beau
address@concealed

  • HPUX 10.20 Problems, Beau Neal, 01/03/2001