en - Re: Two Questions

  • From: Olivier Salaun <address@concealed>
  • To: Andrea Fino <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: Two Questions
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 16:03:06 +0100

Andrea Fino wrote:

> I' ve tested sympa in a lab, and I like it.
> I'd like to setup a production environment now, Could anyone suggest me
> a stable release suitable for that?
> I've tried sympa-3.0b.4 and sympa-3.0b.8 in a debian system, but I have
> some doubts about that, it sounds a complex environment.
> For example, the message.footer in the test mailing list given as an
> example it is not interpreted (vars are not substitued with values).

It's an error on our side, message footers and headers are not parsed.
Why the hell we inserted vars in it, I don't know...
I've corrected this in devpt tree

> Do you thing that 2.6.1 is a better chioce? (i've seen that is packaged
> in debian, of course I use Debian :))).

I recommend 3.ob.8 providing latest features and fixing lots of bugs
from
2.7.3.

> The web interface is missing from this release, correct?

They thought it was optional.
WWSympa should be in next Debian package.

--
Olivier Salaün
Comité Réseaux des Universités

  • Two Questions, Andrea Fino, 12/20/2000
    • Re: Two Questions, Olivier Salaun, 12/20/2000