en - Re: take the gecos from 'from:' ?

  • From: Olivier Salaun <address@concealed>
  • To: Fil <address@concealed>
  • Cc: Sympa-Users <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: take the gecos from 'from:' ?
  • Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 14:28:24 +0100

Fil wrote:

> Something is strange and I could not find in docs or FAQ: where does sympa
> take the 'gecos' from?

The SUBSCRIBE command has the following arguments :
1- listname
2- gecos

The ADD command also recognizes the gecos argument.

A user/owner may also edit the Gecos using the web interface.

Currently the gecos is stored in the "user_table" table, which
causes some problems (a single gecos for all lists).

> It does not seem to be interested by the "From:" field of the emails it
> receives, which should be the best place to look for it?

That's a good idea, we could use the From: free-form name to initialize
the gecos.

Thanks

--
Olivier Salaün