en - Re: how do I delete a list

  • From: Olivier Salaun <address@concealed>
  • To: Joubert Berger <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: how do I delete a list
  • Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 11:05:44 +0100

Joubert Berger wrote:

> I am a new user to Sympa. Just found it about a week ago. It really fits
> my needs. So, am spending time getting to learn it.
>
> First, I am having a difficult times grasping the "scenari" concept. But
> that will take time.
>
> For now, the question that I have is how do you delete a list? I am using
> the web interface and the closes I can come to removing it is to close it.
> But nothing to totally remove it.

The "close list" feature sets the "status" list parameter to "closed",
thereby
making it invisible, closed for subscription and message distribution.
If you
wish to remove the directory of the list, Sympa does not do it for you.

Keeping closed list among other lists (in expl) can be CPU-consuming
because
of list config loading process. Sympa should rather move them elsewhere
(expl-closed/). This is a possible change in the future...

--
Olivier Salaün
Comité Réseaux des Universités