en - Re: FW: Is sympa-users broken?

  • From: Olivier Salaun <address@concealed>
  • To: "Stevenson, Adam" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "'address@concealed'" <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: FW: Is sympa-users broken?
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 14:28:09 +0100

"Stevenson, Adam" wrote:

> If I use the web interface to our Sympa list server, login,
> Click on "Your Subscriptions," then click on one of the groups
> I'm subscribed to, then click on Archives, and enter
> something in the Search field, I see two different behaviors
> depending on whether I then click on Search, or press the
> Enter key:
>
> 1) If I click on Search, I get a page with links to all
> the correspondence having what I searched for in the title.
>
> 2) If I press Enter instead, I next see our Sympa Home page.

That's because there is no default "action" in the FORM. Therefore, if
you don't submit the form via the submit button but with "Enter", then
the action is not set and WWSympa returns you the default action
("home").

We have corrected this in sympa 3.0a ; the form now has an additonal
hidden parameter :
<INPUT NAME="action" TYPE="hidden" Value="arcsearch">

You can check on our server :
http://listes.cru.fr/wws/arc/sympa-users

--
Olivier Salaün