en - Re: keytables

  • From: Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: Paul Wisén <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: keytables
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 11:06:44 +0200

Paul Wisén wrote:

> Some of my users has complaind about that the swedish keys does not seem
> to work when they get messages from the list.
> Instead of ÅÄÖ they get EDV.
> So for e.g the swedish word Välkommen will end up beeing Vdlkommen witch
> is not very nice.. ;)
>
> What can I do about this ?

As you can see,ÅÄÖ are correctly distributed in address@concealed.
If the problem occurs in the mailling list distribution process, that's
a problem with your sendmail configuration. If the problem occurs when
sympa reply to commands, that may be because of the Content-Transfert-Encoding
used by sympa. That's because the default langage is US which used "us-ascii"
charset and 7bit Content-Transfert-Encoding.

There is 3 solutions
-1- you should translate the nls/us.msg into nls/se.msg and send it to us as
a contribution. In this case you will adapt the nls set 12 whitch is in
nls:us.msg

$set 12 MIME headers
1 "1.0"
2 "us-ascii"
3 "7bit"

-2- you may patch the nls/us.msg and changed the charset and
Content-Transfert-Encoding. don't forgot to may and install
the resulting nls.

-3- you may produce a full mime message for the welcome message
It just need to include the from: header feld,
Content-Transfert-Encoding,
Content-Type, Charset and so on. Then Sympa will respect thoses headers.

I would be pleased to have some feed back on the idea that that the default
Content-Transfert-Encoding in next version 3.0 of sympa could be "8bit"
insteed of
"7bit". Is there some problems with such configuration and US sendmail common
configurations ?

Serge Aumont Comité Réseaux des Universités
Campus Beaulieu
35042 Rennes Cedex +33 2 998 471 47

  • keytables, Paul Wisén, 10/15/2000
    • Re: keytables, Aumont, 10/16/2000