en - missing files

  • From: Paul Wisén <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: missing files
  • Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 00:51:32 +0200 (CEST)

Hi!
I'm trying to install Sympa here on my Linux Redhat 7 system.
First I used the RPM but after some trubble i changed to the source 2.7
file..
I think I have done everything here. (been reading the install docs for
hours.. )

Done the changes in /etc/sympa.conf and /etc/wwsympa.conf.
Done make and make install and everything works fine.

But I can't start Sympa.pl for some reason.
I'm trying with the debug mode and this is what I get.
----

[root@junior bin]# ./sympa.pl -D
970785706 Configuration file read
970785706 Using locale file us.cat version 2.6
970785706 creating spool /home/sympa/spool/msg
970785706 enable to create spool /home/sympa/spool/msg
970785706 creating spool /home/sympa/spool/digest
970785706 enable to create spool /home/sympa/spool/digest
970785706 creating spool /home/sympa/spool/moderation
970785706 enable to create spool /home/sympa/spool/moderation
970785706 creating spool /home/sympa/spool/expire
970785706 enable to create spool /home/sympa/spool/expire
970785706 creating spool /home/sympa/spool/auth
970785706 enable to create spool /home/sympa/spool/auth
970785706 creating spool /home/sympa/spool/outgoing
970785706 enable to create spool /home/sympa/spool/outgoing
970785706 creating spool /home/sympa/spool/bounce
970785706 enable to create spool /home/sympa/spool/bounce
Missing files. Aborting.

----

I don't know what files it is missing...
I have installed all CPAN modules and even Barkeley DB ..

help please.. :)

// Paul

Additional information:

The sympa.conf file with 755 permissions in /etc dir.

[root@junior /etc]# cat sympa.conf
## Configuration file for Sympa
## many parameters are optional (defined in src/Conf.pm)
## refer to the documentation for a detailed list of parameters

## Directory containing config. files for the lists, helpfile and list
## of lists. Non-absolute path is relative to this directory.
home /home/sympa/expl

## Directory for configuration files
## It also contains scenari/ and templates/ directories
etc /etc

## File containing Sympa PID while running. Sympa also locks this file to
## ensure that it isn't running more than once. Caution : user sympa
## need to write access without special privilegee.
pidfile /home/sympa/sympa.pid

## Umask used for file creation by Sympa
umask 027

## Facility used by Syslogd
syslog LOCAL1

## Communication mode with syslogd is either 'unix' (via Unix sockets) or
## 'inet' (use of UDP)
log_socket_type unix

## Maximum number of recipients per call to Sendmail
nrcpt 25

## Average number of recipients (ie max. number of different domains)
## per call to Sendmail
avg 10

## Max. number of Sendmail processes (launched by Sympa) running
simultaneously
## Proposed value is quite low, you can rise it up to 100, 200 or even 300
## with powerfull systems.
maxsmtp 20

## The full path to the Message Transfer Agent program (default is
Sendmail 8.7
## or above)
sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail

## Name of the host for Sympa
host junior.busnet.se
## host your.host

## Listmaster
listmaster address@concealed

## WWSympa root URL
wwsympa_url http://junior.busnet.se:18000/wws
## wwsympa_url http://your.host/wws

## Cookie used to generate MD5 authentication keys
cookie 669411067

## E-mail address for sending / replying to administrative commands
## Effective address will be $EMAIL@$HOST
email sympa

## Directory containig available NLS catalogues (Message
internationalization).
## At startup, Sympa uses default.cat if it exists.
msgcat /home/sympa/nls

## default language
lang us

#### Spools location
## Directory is the main spool containing various specialized spools
## All spool are created at runtime by sympa.

spool /home/sympa/spool

## queue and queuebounce are specific and must be explicitly named here.

queue /home/sympa/spool/msg

queuebounce /home/sympa/spool/bounce

## Delay between two scan of the main spool (queue). Avoid Zero value !
sleep 5

## path to OpenSSL command (optional, need openssl 0.95a)
#openssl /usr/local/ssl/bin/openssl

# trusted CA certificat option (required if openssl is set)
#trusted_ca_options -CAfile /home/sympa/bin/etc/ca-bundle.crt

#################################
## Database connection parameters
## If defined, default for "user_data_source" list parameter
## becomes "database"

## Database type ; maybe one of mysql, Pg, Oracle, Sybase
## DBI requires the appropriate DBD to be installed !!
#db_type mysql

## Name of your database
#db_name sympa

## Your database hostname
#db_host localhost

## Username to connect to the DB
#db_user sympa

## Password for the user
#db_passwd yourpasswd

[root@junior /etc]#

-------------

The wwsympa.conf file in /etc with 755

root@junior /etc]# cat wwsympa.conf
# chose to use cgilib or Fast_CGI. CGILIB is probably just for test and
will
# provide bad response delay but easier install if you don't want to
compile apache ...
use_fast_cgi 1

# where to store html archives, probably NOT on the same partition as
sympa
arc_path /var/sympa/arc

# Bounces are stored in [bounce_path]/[listname] dir
bounce_path /var/sympa/bounce

# path to the wonderfull mhonarc application. Required for html archives
# http://www.oac.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/mhonarc.html
mhonarc /usr/bin/mhonarc

# the title of main page
title Service de listes de diffusion

## Icons directory for Sympa
icons_url /home/httpd/icons/sympa

## syslog facility (default is same as sympa)
# log_facility LOCAL2

----

the dir is /home/sympa and the user and group is sympa.sympa

???

/ P

  • missing files, Paul Wisén, 10/05/2000