en - Re: Subscription Form

  • From: Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: Jorge Andres Brugger <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: Subscription Form
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 08:28:51 +0200

> I would like to know how I can put in an ordinary page a subscription form
> without 'needing' to
> go via wws, or that the subscriber sends a subscription mail. The form I
> want to do is one which
> only has an e-mail field or name and e-mail fields.

Note that a mailto:sympa@domain?subject=subscribe can be inserted in any html
document.
A CGI can also run :
echo "subscribe listname" | sendmail -f subscriber@somewhere address@concealed

In this case we strongly suggest you to use a subscribe scenario that requiert
md5
authentication in order to prevent malicious subscribtion spoofing.