en - Re: About the subscription notice

  • From: Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <address@concealed>
  • To: Rodrigo Filgueira Prates <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: About the subscription notice
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 16:45:59 +0200

> I'm migrating some lists from majordomo to sympa.
> One issue in this process is to include all users via add commands.
> I would not like sympa to notify users of their subscription since they
> are allready subscribed.
> Is there any way to do this?

If you add each user in each list using a ADD command, by default
they will receive the welcome message.

If you prefer, you can inibit this welcome message sending a "quiet add"\
command. Then you can send to each user a reminder of all there subscribtion
using a "remind *" command. If many users are subscribers of more than one
list, this should be a better solution.

Serge

  • About the subscription notice, Rodrigo Filgueira Prates, 08/16/2000
    • Re: About the subscription notice, Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites, 08/16/2000