en - Re: Sympa - DBI - Oracle?

  • From: Dominique ROUSSEAU <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: Sympa - DBI - Oracle?
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 14:00:36 +0200

Niels Hansa [address@concealed] a écrit:
> Hi!
>
> I have the follow trouble... I installed/compiled Sympa and the deamons
> (sympa.pl, archived.pl and bounced.pl) are running ok. Subscribing to my
> testlist (mylist ;-) ) works ok... BUT interacting with Oracle DB doesnt
> work. Sympa can obviously comunicate with the DB and exchange information,
> but the formating seems to be wrong. When subsribing a new email adress the
> "Your Sympa environemt" Mail contains NO password for wwsympa or "^@" is
> the password... i assume that means empty...
>
> The subscribers.db.dumb also looks weared... see for yourself:

The ^@ is the "representation" of ascii 0
So, I strongly suspect your "weird" strings are in fact unicode
characters (16 bits), with the MSB set to zero.

But, I don't know anything about oracle to help you any further :-)

Dom

--
Dominique Rousseau <address@concealed> - http://www.neuronnexion.com

Death is nature's way of telling you to slow down.