en - Re: I have error :-(

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: I have error :-(
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 09:01:27 +0100

Sergey Y. Afonin wrote :
> I have installed sympa 2.5.2. It can't start. The diagnostic message:
> --
> DBI->connect failed: Protocol mismatch. Server Version = 10 Client Version
> = 9 at
> /home/sympa/bin/List.pm line 224

> Additional software:
> mysql Ver 3.22.30 for pc-linux-gnu on i686
> mysql client 3.22.32

I first suggest you work with the same client and server versions

> A some other software work whith this SQL-server.

You should recompile the Mysql DBD Perl librairy (Msql-Mysql-modules),
ie %perl Makefile.PL ; make ; make install
in case it has some dependencies with the Mysql client, you seem
to have updated.

Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseaux des Universites