en - Re: Outlook 2000 and Sympa

  • From: Dominique ROUSSEAU <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: Outlook 2000 and Sympa
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 09:40:54 +0100

On Mon, Feb 21, 2000 at 07:43:18PM -0500, Jeff Fiegel wrote:
> When a message is sent from MS Outlook 2000 (HTML Format) to the list the
> message.header/footer does not get attached to the messages...I have tried
> everything I can think of .. Is there something special that I need to
> do???

This is wanted behavior.
Messages containing text and HTML contain multipart/alternative
mime-headers.
some time ago, Sympa was adding the footer in every message, just
messing up the display on some user agents which came displaying *only*
the footer (which was added as another part).
Rather than make some strange alchemy on the messages to make the footer
fit in the damn thing, the developers choosed not include the
footer/header when they detect a multipart/alternative message.

I think it's the cleanest and simplest way of doing things.
If you really want header and footers, just post your messages with
plain text or include them by hand :))

Dom

--
Dominique Rousseau <address@concealed>