en - Re: Where are addresses stored???

  • From: Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <address@concealed>
  • To: Flemming Sørensen <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: Where are addresses stored???
  • Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 15:17:38 +0100

>I'm very new to sympa having used it (successfully) for a couple of weeks.
> I have just created a list which includes two other lists with something
>like
>this in the config file:
>
>    user_data_source include
>
>    include_list    listname1
>
>    include_list    listname2
>
>Now I have found that if I add a user to that list the email address of
>the user doesn't get stored in either listname1 or listname2. There is not
>a subscribers file. Then where is the information stored???

When a list use  "user_data_source include" you can't add or removed users to
this list (parameters subscribe, unsubscribe, add and del are set to the
value "closed"), but if someone is added to one of listname1 or listname2 he
is
automatically added in the list defined as listname1 U listname2.
This is the same with list define with external LDAP query or SQL query.

Regards
Serge Aumont