en - Re: groups of subscribers in ldap / sympa 2.4

  • From: Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <address@concealed>
  • To: Barbara Schelkle <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: groups of subscribers in ldap / sympa 2.4
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 11:41:43 +0100

> dear list,
>
> i'm testing the ldap features of sympa.

Your LDAP usage of sympa is currently impossible : sympa just able to
extract the first e-mail of each answer to ONE ldap query. The concept of
LDAP in sympa is very restricted.
Your need is to perform multiple LDAP query, the first one is a LDAP
query to collect a group defined by a list of distinguished name and then
collect a "Group" defined by a list of DN and then perform a new
LDAP query r each member of this group to resolve teh DN in a email.

It should not be to hard to developpe this feature, but there is several
way to do it : we should allow to define a user by it's DN insteed of
its email. In such case the final resolution of the DN in a email may be
perform by Sympa itself of by the MTA (sendmail).
It is probably easier to resolve DN in e-mail just when loading the
Include LDAP_QUERY.

We will try to do it as soon as possible. What are the deferent group
objectclass that must be recognized by Sympa ?

(this feature will not be part of next released Sympa 2.4 which is going
to be installed in our list server this afeternoon).

> i'm using the netscape directory server and have defined a group
> like this (ldif format):
> --------------------------------
> dn: cn=team,ou=Groups, o=bla.de
> objectclass: top
> objectclass: groupOfUniqueNames
> cn: team
> uniquemember: uid=Schelkle,ou=People, o=bla.de
> uniquemember: uid=Meier,ou=People, o=bla.de
> uniquemember: uid=Schmidt, ou=People,o=bla.de
> uniquemember: uid=Albrecht, ou=People,o=bla.de
> --------------------------------
> and of course for each of these "uniquemembers" exists an entry like this:
> --------------------------------
> dn: uid=Schelkle,ou=People, o=bla.de
> objectclass: top
> objectclass: person
> objectclass: organizationalPerson
> objectclass: inetOrgPerson
> givenname: Barbara
> cn: Barbara Schelkle
> sn: Schelkle
> telephonenumber: +49-30-2093-3184
> mail: address@concealed
> facsimiletelephonenumber: +49-30-2093-3168
> uid: Schelkle
> --------------------------------
>
> but when i config sympa like this:
> --------------------------------
> user_data_source include
>
> include_ldap_query
> host bla.bla.de
> port 389
> suffix ou=Groups,o=bla.de
> filter (cn=team)
>
> as you may have noticed, i'm not an expert in LDAP yet. maybe it's more
> a ldap than a sympa problem...
>
> any help is appreciated !
>
> thanks in advance, Barbara
>
> --
> Barbara Schelkle address@concealed
> Department of Computer Science Humboldt University of Berlin
> mail: Unter den Linden 6, D-10099 Berlin, Germany
> office: Rudower Chaussee 25, D-12489 Berlin, building 3, room 405
> phone: +49-30-2093-3184 fax: +49-30-2093-3168

  • groups of subscribers in ldap, Barbara Schelkle, 12/11/1999
    • Re: groups of subscribers in ldap / sympa 2.4, Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites, 12/13/1999