  • From: Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <address@concealed>
  • To: Derek Spencer <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 16:30:54 +0200

> I have SYMPA installed and working fine. How do I personalize the
> outgoing message so that I can have something like:
>
> Dear [gecos_user],

The outgoing message distributed to the list are never parsed. All
subscribers received the same message, the grouping feature is depending
on this property.
welcome, bye, removed, reminder messages are sent to one person
(reminder is sent to each subscriber but not to the list).

[subscriber_gecos] will be parsed by sympa in next version (2.3.4) but
you must notice that it may be source of incorrect mime encoding.

Sympa dont care about the content transfert encoding even if you are using
welcome.mime message, so QP messages may contain 8bits caracteres.

Regards
Serge Aumont

  • [no subject], Derek Spencer, 10/02/1999
    • [no subject], Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites, 10/04/1999