en - Re: Problem with Mysql

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: "Silvio" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: Problem with Mysql
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 09:23:54 +0200

> I tested Sympa with text file and it worked fine, when I tried to =
> use mySQL, it puts the user information in DB, but when I send email to =
> list it doesn't distribute. Sympa renamed the mail for BAD.anything in =
> /spool/msg.

If a problem occurs with the database, Sympa keeps the message as BAD, so as
not to loose it (in the future it should keep it elsewhere).

If such a problem occurs, you may look for information by :

1 - looking at sympa log
2 - starting sympa with -d
3 - starting sympa with -dD (max verbosity)
4 - looking at mysql log (mine is in /var/lib/mysql/)
(is your mysql daemon strted with --log option ?)

The problem may not come from MySQL though : do you have any subscriber in
the list ? (except from digest/nomail users). While sending a message, Sympa
considers the operation failed if no message was sent.

Olivier Salaun

  • Problem with Mysql, Silvio, 08/20/1999
    • Re: Problem with Mysql, Olivier Salaun - CRU, 08/23/1999