en - Re: ldap

  • From: Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <address@concealed>
  • To: Joe Garcia <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: ldap
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 08:40:37 +0200

> Can anybody tell me what my ldap entry needs to look like to get it to
> work with sympa??
>
> Joe
Hi
In order to define a list as the result of a LDAP query, you must
create it and edit the configuration file.

userdata_source parameter is used to define the subscriber email set
as a include :

# user data is defined with include
user_data_source include

Then the paragraphe include_ldap_query is used to define the LDAP
request performed by sympa to search for emails, sample :

include_ldap_query
host ldap.cru.fr
suffix (dc=cru, dc=fr)
filter (cn=Aumont)

The filter parameter is a string as defined in RFC-2254

The "suffix" parameter is of course necessary with most LDAP server.
Ooops ! it's not yet documented (section 3.3.22).

In addition you can use the parameters
"port" if different from the default 389.
"passwd" if needed

You can start using the sample configuration file sample/config.include
from distrib.

Serge Aumont

  • ldap, Joe Garcia, 05/25/1999
    • Re: ldap, Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites, 05/25/1999