devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] Sympa community wishes to update and maintain MHonArc

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] Sympa community wishes to update and maintain MHonArc
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2020 12:35:10 +0100

Yes !

Well done Luc !

Cheers,

David

On 27/01/2020 11:31, Luc Didry wrote:
lundi 27 janvier 2020, 10:32:23 CET Earl Hood wrote:
[Cc'ing mhonarc-dev list since it is relevant]

MHonArc is distributed under the GPL, so you are free to modify and
redistribute as specified by the GPL.

I have no objections if you want to take over sustainment of mhonarc. I
have not touched it in a long time, so it will be good to have someone do
the updates need to work with later versions of Perl 5.

Source is maintained in CVS, but the repo is not publicly accessible. You
can start afresh with a new repo, but if you really need access to the CVS
repo and history, I can see about packaging it up. Been awhile since I
accessed it.
Thank you for your positive answer!

I think it would be really valuable if you could package the CVS repo
and send it to us so that we don’t loose the history of MHonArc’s
development. I’ll try to use https://gitlab.com/esr/cvs-fast-export to
convert it to git.

"Mieux vaut viser la perfection et la rater que viser la médiocrité et
l'atteindre."
- Francis Blanche