devel - [sympa-developpers] Sympa error in 6.2.32 using CAS

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Rance Hall <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-developpers] Sympa error in 6.2.32 using CAS
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 16:21:20 +0000

Hi all:

I am building a docker container to run sympa with the sympa-ja package repo.  (if you have a better repo for centos packages I’m all ears as this one has been somewhat unstable in terms of upgrades to sympa core and where on the filesystem to store various components, but that is for another day)

I have a proper auth.conf file with the needed attributes to run CAS integration into sympa, but it doesn’t work.

I’ve copied my auth.conf from a much older sympa instance that is being upgraded/migrated to.

I’m getting this error:

err main::#1376 CAS ticket validation failed: Failed to validate Service Ticket ST-15318397968621-fuszs9DErUwABWs82e9qIjrNKBl38V7Or97wIZ3u : Ticket 'ST-15318397968621-fuszs9DErUwABWs82e9qIjrNKBl38V7Or97wIZ3u' is not valid for service 'http://lists.esu10.orgsso%5Flogin%5Fsucceeded/ESU10-SSO'

The thing that stands out to me is the service url is incorrect.  There is no “/” between the domain, and the “sso” and SOME of the other “/” have been replaced with “%5F”’s.  To me this is the problem.  But there is no setting that I can find for this, so it leads me to conclude  the url is constructed in the perl source somewhere.

Can someone confirm for me if this is incorrect behavior and (if needed) where to go to change it.

Rance Hall

Admin, Listmaster, and general man about town

  • [sympa-developpers] Sympa error in 6.2.32 using CAS, Rance Hall, 07/17/2018