devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] Where i'm going (Dec '17 - May '18)

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] Where i'm going (Dec '17 - May '18)
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2018 13:44:25 +0900

Hi folks,

Half a year passed. I want to follow up the last post in December.

On Fri, 1 Dec 2017 11:43:33 +0900
IKEDA Soji <address@concealed> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I want to describe what I have done in this half year, and what I
> want to do in the future.
>
> * Periodical releases of Sympa 6.2 have been done. Recently they
> were done by quarters[1] (if it is hard, releases may be done by
> half a year).
>
> I can do it at least for more one year.

Ongoing. Made 2 stable releases as planned (another 1 withdrawn),
1 patch release and 1 security fix.

The next stable release is planned at 21st June.

> * Refactoring:
>
> - Many functions were refactored to be moved to "request" modules.
> This sort of refactoring will continue in the next year.
> The goal of this is making wwsympa, sympasoap and sympa.pl be
> thin wrappers of "request" modules.

I hardly could put it forward for this half year. I spent time
moving documentation from older site, fixing some bugs (especially
things related to issue #11) and coping with security flaw.

Thus, my planned works described in below will evenly delay for
half a year.

> - Refactoring datasources. I want to start it in the end of this
> year and probably may be done in the first half of next year.
> The goal is to define simple interface between datasource and
> GUI (vue and so on).
>
> - Refactoring task manager and task spool. It will be done in the
> next year.
> The purpose is to rewrite fossilized code.
>
> - OO-based robots and configuration mechanism.
> It would be better to be done on separate branch and be merged
> into Sympa 7.
>
> Regards,
>
> -- Soji
>
> [1] https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mod%C3%A8le:Solstice-%C3%A9quinoxe

Regards,
-- Soji

--
株式会社 コンバージョン
ITソリューション部 システムソリューション1グループ 池田荘児

  • Re: [sympa-developpers] Where i'm going (Dec '17 - May '18), IKEDA Soji, 06/01/2018