devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] sympatic: OO or not OO ?

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Marc Chantreux <address@concealed>
  • To: Soji Ikeda <address@concealed>
  • Cc: David Verdin <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] sympatic: OO or not OO ?
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 07:33:01 +0100

hello Soji,

On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 08:19:15AM +0900, Soji Ikeda wrote:
> I think wrapper module Sympatic is not required (I don’t know why this
> option is ignored).

Nothing is required: this is all about convenience.

> If Moo is required, use Moo in the source. If it is not, don’t use it.
> What we need is to decide whether we use it or not.

please note there is no long debate on it: racke made a proposal and
it was picked because this part is really about just lazyness.

> We need not tasking our brain to decide whether we prepare cryptic
> import option for it or not.

* having a general policy for all the codebase without worring
about the author of one particular module to use it or not
is *good*.
* every long topic we rised by sympatic where something that must be
debated anyway. sympatic just push them all in once.

> For example, if I propose to include
> MooX::Singleton, what will we do?

you do realize that Singleton is a special (rare) case, right ?
so it means there is nothing to do with sympa.

if you need a Singleton:

* go public about adding the MooX::Singleton as sympa dependency
* if accepted, add MooX::Singleton (if not, deal with your
conscience: you're the sympa6.2 branch man anyway)

* if accepted
* add MooX::Singleton on the sympa dependency
* use MooX::Singleton that way

use Sympatic;
use MooX::Singleton;

> Instead of thinking about what is to be included in Sympatic, let’s
> think about how we will use.

i just don't understand because that's exactly what we did when we
talked about autodie: talking about how to use it and finally get a grid
of it.

marc