devel - [sympa-developpers] sympatic: OO or not OO ?

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Marc Chantreux <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-developpers] sympatic: OO or not OO ?
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2018 13:38:02 +0100

hello,

somewhere in the autodie thread, racke told us that Moo should be
included by default. this idea made its path in my mind as i was
defending autodie: the whole thing is to try to have the good defaults.
So i come back on it and try to defend the idea of racke (racke please
complete if i miss something important).

* most of the sympa files are objects so we should at least have Moo as
default as racke suggest.
* even if you don't need Moo in your script, Moo will be loaded anyway
by a dependency so there is no reduction of startup time or memory
consumption.
* Moo comes with few keywords we probably should avoid in other contexts
(has, extends, ...)

so i finally join the racke proposition

use Sympatic;

should use Moo and MooX::*

use Sympatic -noo; # no oo

can become the current behaviour in the very rare cases you want to
avoid Moo.

regards
marc

  • [sympa-developpers] sympatic: OO or not OO ?, Marc Chantreux, 02/27/2018