devel - [sympa-developpers] Where i'm going

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-developpers] Where i'm going
  • Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2017 11:43:33 +0900

Hi folks,

I want to describe what I have done in this half year, and what I
want to do in the future.

* Periodical releases of Sympa 6.2 have been done. Recently they
were done by quarters[1] (if it is hard, releases may be done by
half a year).

I can do it at least for more one year.

* Refactoring:

- Many functions were refactored to be moved to "request" modules.
This sort of refactoring will continue in the next year.
The goal of this is making wwsympa, sympasoap and sympa.pl be
thin wrappers of "request" modules.

- Refactoring datasources. I want to start it in the end of this
year and probably may be done in the first half of next year.
The goal is to define simple interface between datasource and
GUI (vue and so on).

- Refactoring task manager and task spool. It will be done in the
next year.
The purpose is to rewrite fossilized code.

- OO-based robots and configuration mechanism.
It would be better to be done on separate branch and be merged
into Sympa 7.

Regards,

-- Soji

[1] https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mod%C3%A8le:Solstice-%C3%A9quinoxe