devel - [sympa-developpers] sympa-ansible: how to get a vagrant env up and running ?

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Marc Chantreux <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-developpers] sympa-ansible: how to get a vagrant env up and running ?
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 14:13:05 +0200

hello,

In order to keep proprietary software from my dev stack, i tried to use
qemu:

aptitude install libvirt-daemon-system vagrant-libvirt

tried to start a vagrant up then realized on the
[QA status of the vagrant-libvirt
project](https://github.com/vagrant-libvirt/vagrant-libvirt),
there is almost no box compatible with it for now (2017-10-25).

so i gave virtualbox a chance following the [debian wiki
page](https://wiki.debian.org/VirtualBox). In short

vbox_source=/etc/apt/sources.list.d/virtualbox.source.list
cat > $vbox_source <<\.
#key https://www.virtualbox.org/download/oracle_vbox_2016.asc
deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian stretch contrib
.

sed -n 's/^#key //;T;p;q' $vbox_source |apt-key add -

but no usable default provider could be found for my system.

indeed! when i use

aptitude search '~n ^vagrant-'

i see no virtualbox provider (which makes sense as virtualbox is an
alien package).

Before i start to investigate more, i would like to know what are the
tools you used to get the things work.

regards
marc