devel - [sympa-developpers] XSS vulnerability found in the Sympa web interface

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Martin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-developpers] XSS vulnerability found in the Sympa web interface
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 18:15:34 -0400

Hello Sympa devs,

I'm currently searching for someone of trust to fix an XSS vulnerability
that I have discovered in the web interface of Sympa (latest version).
To who can I send the vulnerability report? I can send it to a public
mailing list if you want, but it isn't recommended to make it public
before releasing a fix.

It's really complicated to enter in contact with someone in private to
report a Sympa vulnerability. I'm suggesting to create a page at [1]
with a point of contact to send future security reports.

Timeline:
- beginning of March 2017: discovery of a XSS vulnerability in Sympa
- 04/03/2017: report sent to address@concealed (the only
list that I found that doesn't have public archives)
- 13/03/2017: reminder sent to address@concealed with
direct copies to address@concealed and address@concealed
- 13/03/2017: auto-response of address@concealed saying that he
doesn't work here anymore